The following information and links are businesses, non profits, government agencies and community organizations that have partnered with Third Day Missions and/or are providing a a resource for families and individuals in need. Note: All resources and links are given for informational purposes only. Third Day Missions is not recommending a particular product or method.
Training, Seminars, Preparedness
- Preparedness Peace
A six session, small group basic disaster preparedness course designed to build a foundation for a lifestyle of preparedness.
- Church World Service
Emergency Response Program
- Zeb Gear
Training, Seminars, Preparedness, etc.
- New York City Building Department
Information, updates and guidance for Sandy Relief Organizations.
Food, Water, Storage and Gear
- Safety Orange
Freeze dried meals, water and kits, especially designed for children.
- Rainy Day Foods
A division of Walton Foods with a variety of food and storage products including water barrels.
Information, supplies as well as a free guide book can be found on this website.
- Pleasant Hill Grain
Kitchen equipment, water purifiers, grains, etc.
Emergency essentials, recipes for stored foods, reasonably priced products and monthly catalogs.
Search “Emergency” for disaster preparedness products.
- Over The Edge Gear
Emergency kits, supplies, water filtration, supplies, shelter, etc.
Alerts, Information and Disaster Responses resources
- Department of Homeland Security
- Disaster News Network
- Crisis Response Journal
- Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System
- National Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster
- Mass Casualty Event Preparedness and Response
- Hurricane Sandy Relief and Your Health
- National Grid Hurricane Sandy Relief Program
- Super Storm Sandy: Recovery Guide and Resources Widgets
- Mortgage Assistance Program for Hurricane Sandy Homeowners
- Post Hurricane Boiler Repair
- Touro Law Center Heart Pro Bono Law Services
Downloadable Preparedness Documents
- Four Phases of Disaster Relief
- How Do I Protect My Long Term Food Storage
- Which Containers Are Best For Long Term Storage
- MRE’S, freeze dried, or dehydrated foods, which is best
- New York Hurricane Sandy Disaster Recovery Resource by The Red Cross
- A Field Guide For Clean-Up of Flooded Homes
- Long Term Recovery Guide
- FEMA Rebuilding Fact Sheet
- Insurance Build Back Fact Sheet
- New York Disaster Relief Resource Guide by the Red Cross and Salvation Army
- New York Resource List
- Mold Treatment Program Information
- Mold Treatment
- Insurance Check List